In this blog you will get idea of benefits of regular exercise. Follow these everyday for your health improvement and also to keep your mind active full day.
1. Improve your memory and brain function: Physical exercise helps your brain stay sharp. It increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Exercise also enhances the effects of helpful brain chemicals and reduces stress hormones.
2. Protection against many chronic diseases: Aerobic exercise can help improve your heart health and endurance and aid in weight loss. High-intensity interval training is generally safe and effective for most people and can take less time. In high-intensity interval training, you alternate exercising at high levels of intensity and exercising at a less intense level for short periods of time. Even activities such as walking at higher intensities count.
3. Helps to manage weight: Exercise is helpful for weight loss and maintaining weight loss. Exercise can increase metabolism, or how many calories you burn in a day. It can also help you maintain and increase lean body mass, which also helps increase the number of calories you burn each day.
4. Improved blood pressure and heart health: Combining exercise with a healthy diet is a more effective way to lose weight than depending on calorie restriction alone. Indeed Exercise can prevent or even reverse the effects of certain diseases. Exercise lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, which may prevent a heart attack.In addition, if you exercise, you lower your risk of developing certain types of cancers such as colon and breast cancer. Exercise is also known to help contribute to a sense of confidence and well-being, thus possibly lowering rates of anxiety and depression.
5. Improve your quality of sleep: Studies have shown that in as little as four weeks, individuals with chronic insomnia who begin regular exercise can fall asleep up to 13 minutes faster and stay asleep 18 minutes longer. In fact, study authors found that exercise was just as effective as hypnotic drugs in relieving insomnia. Researchers have a few theories why this might be the case.
6. Reduce feelings of anxiety and depression: Regular exercise may help ease depression and anxiety by: Releasing feel-good endorphins, natural cannabis-like brain chemicals (endogenous cannabinoids) and other natural brain chemicals that can enhance your sense of well-being.
7. Combat cancer: Staying active can help you lower your risk of many types of cancer including breast, colorectal and uterine cancers. Exercise lowers your cancer risk in several ways: Exercise helps you maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight or obese raises your risk for several cancers.
8. Decrease joint pain and stiffness: Exercise is crucial for people with arthritis. It increases strength and flexibility, reduces joint pain, and helps combat fatigue. Of course, when stiff and painful joints are already bogging you down, the thought of walking around the block or swimming a few laps might seem overwhelming.But you don’t need to run a marathon or swim as fast as an Olympic competitor to help reduce arthritis symptoms. Even moderate exercise can ease your pain and help you maintain a healthy weight. When arthritis threatens to immobilize you, exercise keeps you moving.
9. Maintain muscle strength and balance: A strength exercise is any activity that makes your muscles work harder than usual. This increases your muscles’ strength, size, power and endurance. The activities involve using your body weight or working against a resistance. You should try to do 2 sessions or more of muscle strengthening exercises a week.
10. Increase life span: Regular, moderate activities, such as brisk walking, have been associated with increasing life expectancy by several years. For example, 150 minutes of exercise or more each week increased life expectancy by about 7 years over those who didn’t do regular moderate exercise.