The use of rose water for hair has not been extensively studied. Indeed rose water does have beneficial properties that may make it good for the hair and scalp.
Sharing with you few benefits of Rose water :
- The benefits of Rose Water for the hair
- How to apply Rose Water for hair care attached DIY recipes
- While using Rose Water on the hair points to be taken care
Rose Water for Hair Care : Benefits
Rosewater is said to have a number of different benefits. Besides people use it for their skin, to enhance their mood, soothe sore throats and relieve headaches.
Further did you know it can also help with your Rose Water for Hair routine?
1. Rose water for softening HAIR
Regular water typically contains minerals like calcium that can build up on your hair and cause it to become brittle. However, because rosewater is distilled it can help make your hair softer and fuller.
2. Helps in Reducing DANDRUFF AND OILINESS
Rosewater can help with reducing oiliness and dandruff. This is down to the fact it is a mild astringent (helps with constricting your body tissues)
3. Keeps Scalp Healthy
Rosewater is known to be an anti-inflammatory, which means it could potentially help with scalp conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. A healthy scalp equals healthy hair!
4. Helps to Reduce FRIZZ AND ADD SHINE
Now, this isn’t known science, however, a lot of women with curly hair rave about how rosewater has calmed down their frizzy locks and added shine and have given their hair a healthy look.
Helps in Hair Growth
Rose water contains vitamins A, C, D, E and B3 which are promoters of strengthening hair. If you are looking to find a new way to get some healthy hair growth this is it.
Rose Water for Hair DIY Recipe
Making your own rose water at home is pretty simple. Also all you need are rose petals (as many as you like) and distilled water. Below we’ve put together a simple recipe on how to make your own rose water at home.
- Roses (8 stems)
- Distilled water (1.5 litres – enough to cover the petals)
- Especially remove all the petals from your stems and give them a quick rinse under lukewarm water
- Add the petals to a large pot
- In addition add enough distilled water to just cover the leaves
- Bring the water to a simmer and leave for 20 to 30 minutes until the petals have lost their colour
- Further strain the pot contains to separate the water from the petals
- Place water into a container of your choice and leave to cool
- Finally discard your rose petals
Prep time: 5 mins – Total Time: 25 minutes
Hair Mask Using Rose Water
- 1/2 cup of rose water
- 1/2 cup of pure aloe vera gel (make sure it has no added thickeners)
- Spray container (recommended)
- A few drops of your preferred essential oils (optional)
- Thoroughly mix the rose water and aloe gel in a spray container. Add a few drops of rose essential oil for fragrance and extra hair nourishment. Another option is peppermint essential oil for stimulating healthy hair growth and mitigating itching and inflammation of the scalp.
- Apply the mixture thoroughly to your scalp area – be sure not to miss the back of your scalp or the areas above your ears! Let it soak in for at least 10 minutes.
- Further rinse this mask out with a rose water infused shampoo or other preferred shampoo and conditioner for your hair type.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN USING ROSEWATER FOR HAIR ROUTINE:
- Look for paraben, ethanol and sulphur free rosewater when purchasing
- DIY rosewater has a shorter shelf life than store-bought rosewater
- Always do a small patch test before adding rose water to your hair/skin routine
- Only use organic roses when making your own DIY rose water
Hopping You Have Healthy Nourished Hair Using Our Rose Water DIY Recipes !!!