So, you are an embroidery person, you love to do creative stuff and projects with fabric and floss. Surely you must have made a lot of them, or may be, you are planning many projects ahead. By now you might have realised, and yes it is the most asked question, “How do you manage the mess with so or store embroidery floss??”
Don’t worry, this is not just your problem, every single person in embroidery faces this problem. Many figure out how to manage and keep them properly, and many are still in mess with the floss.
So, here we got you some fun creative ideas to organise your embroidery floss. Follow up!
- Colour wise arrangement: Separate all your floss according to different colours and shades. Even for the same colour with different shades. You must always keep it separate to prevent a huge mess in the future looking for different colours for your embroidery projects.
- Project cards:Organizing embroidery floss and threads to project cards are one of the best ways to manage floss. These cards are rectangular in shape and have evenly spaced holes to hold a bunch of unique coloured or type of embroidery floss. To attach the floss, first cut the floss bunches into your ideal stitching size. And then fold the bundle in half and push the folded end through the card hole, forming a loop. Pass the cut ends through the loop and pull firmly., just like the airport tie up cards.
- Bobbins: A lot of people do this first step of organizing their embroidery floss by wrapping them into small bobbins, but do not do the last step. The thing to notice it that, the bobbins are small themselves. Indeed a lot of them will surely mess you up while finding the perfect coloured floss you need. So the solution to this is to do the second step, that is organizing your small bobbins in Bobbin Boxes. You just need to categorize you colour shades and arrange them into separate compartments in your bobbin box. As simple as that!
- Using key rings: This is one of the creative DIY things you can do with the house hold items you already have. Make some small pieces of card board, dig one hole into it for inserting it into a key ring. Now make some more holes to use it as a thread bunch holder.
- Using Bottle Corks: Turning bottle corks to something used to organize embroidery thread seems very creative, and indeed it is. You just need to make a cut at the top of the cor to hook the open end of the thread, as shown in the picture.
- Cloth clip: Another awesome and DIY way for organizing your embroidery floss is by using Cloth Clips. Yes you heard it right. You can wrap the different shades of embroidery floss in the cloth clips and make a frame with some thin ropes. And clip the cloth pins with the embroidery floss into those ropes in the frame.