Facts about menstruation not everyone know about. Here are facts provided by us read full blog To Know detail information. There is a rare period disorder which can cause bleeding of the eyes. It is Known as vicarious menstruation, this rare condition makes you bleed from organs besides your uterus — like your eyes — when you’re are having your Periods this is according to a case study published in the journal Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. But Luckily, This condition is very Rare. Least number of cases have been recorded, According to study authors, According to them, this condition is caused when endometrial tissue, A tissue which grows in your uterus and sheds during your period is transmitted through the bloodstream.
1. This is a Strange but Helpful fact While on Period Sleeping besides a Night-lamp can help regulate your cycle. This is because Exposure to Light affects the secretion of the sleep hormone known as melatonin, which helps to control the release of the female reproductive hormones that determine when your menstrual cycle begins and ends: This research is from a study published in the journal Psychiatry Research in the early 90s.
Found that ‘women with extra long or irregular cycles who slept in front of a regular 100-watt light bulb for a few days during the last two weeks of their cycles shortened their cycles by an average of 12 days. Which found outs that Sleeping next to Night-light could help regulate your periods’. The key is to sleep with the light on during the last two weeks of your cycle. But Keeping it on at all times might actually make your periods more irregular, since shift workers report irregular periods.
2. When it’s Cold / Winter season your Periods may get Worse:- This is because of many reasons but the most prominent one related to Winters and your Periods is During the winter months, a woman’s flow, duration, Cramp level are longer and stronger than in summers.
3. We all have heard from our Mother’s/ Grand mother’s that they got their first period Very Late almost in the 18 s. It states that The Beginning years have changed According to scientists they believe that there are multiple reason behind this Change :- It can be due to Improved Nutrition We are eating better than our Elders, Fat cells are responsible for making estrogen in the female body . The more fat cells you have, the more estrogen you have in your body, which can trigger the menstrual cycle as a girl./ It could be Increased Stress , Yes! Increase in Stress levels can also be a reason of getting Early periods.
4. Improved nutrition. We’re eating better — and more — than our ancestors did a few hundred years ago, and fat cells make estrogen. The more fat cells you have, the more estrogen you have in your body, which can trigger the start of your menstrual cycle as a girl. Periods have changed, According to Scientists they believe that Increased. You will be Surprised to know that, If all the periods of your Lifetime will be added, You nearly spend 10 years of your life on Periods.
5. Having Heavy periods could indicate that you have imbalance Hormones.
Sometimes, Some Girls/ women experience heavier than normal periods . If you feel that You are having Heavier than normal periods then it is important for you to give attention to this along with it, you need to look closely to your other symptoms such as :- Cramps, Mood swings and other symptoms which are uncommon to you during your periods. Visiting a Gynaecologist is highly recommended as this gave rise to a Big problems in the future.
6. Changes in Weight can also be a reason of irregular periods. Your body needs a certain amount of fat to store and release estrogen and other hormones in the Body, your period can become irregular If you lose or Put on weight during your cycle. Your Mensuration can become irregular .women with a high amount of body fat are more likely to experience irregular Periods.
7. Movie on “Menstruation”- You will be shocked to know that in 1946, Walt Disney made their First movie on Periods named as “The story of Menstruation “
8. Period party ritual :- Do you know? When a Girl gets her first Period in Sri Lanka, They have a Ritual in which they Celebrate that Day.
9. Missing your Period doesn’t always means that you are Pregnant :-
This is a Common misconception among people, we believe missing a Period is a Signal that You are Pregnant but This is not True, Though Missing your Period does have a Connection with being Pregnant but along with it, It signals a number of Reasons such as :- Hormonal imbalances, Delay due to Stress Or even Increased weight too has a huge impact on your Periods.
To make sure If Pregnant/ not take up a pregnancy test but If you are not Conceiving but still facing irregular periods then you need to make Healthy changes in your Lifestyle,This means that there is something wrong with your Hormones Due to our Modern and hectic lifestyle we fail to take care of our Health, No exercising Unhealthy Junk food eating excessively can also cause Hormonal imbalance in this case you need to visit to your Gynaecologist to understand what is going wrong.