Do you love colour of beautiful beads in jewellery? These beads give one feeling of satisfaction by wearing them. With help of these Beaded Jewellery at Home one can start their own home base business which can lead them to be independent in their life
What is Bead work
Beadwork is the craft of attaching beads to one another with a sewing needle or beading needle and thread or thin wire. Beads come in a variety of materials, shapes and sizes. Beads are used to create jewelry or other articles of personal adornment; they are also used in wall hangings and sculpture and many other artworks. Beadwork techniques are broadly divided into loom and off-loom weaving, stringing, bead embroidery, bead crochet, bead knitting, and bead tatting. Beads, made of durable materials, survive in the prehistory record appearing with the very advent of modern man. Beads are used for religious purposes, as good luck talismans, for barter, and as curative or medicinal agents.
Material for making Bead jewellery
- Gear wire
- Gear Lock
- Pendant (optional)
- I pin
- Cutter, plier (Jew making tools)
Types of beads
- Semi-Precious Gem Stone Chips
- Natura Madera Beads
- Double Trouble Czech Glass Beads
- Round Miracle Beads
- Size 11 Seed Beads
- TotallyBeads Hematite Cubic Jewellery Beads
- crystal bicones, round beads, rondelles, Rivoli, ovals, drops, cylinders, or cushions
Steps for making Bead necklace
- Assemble your beading materials
- Measure your neck, and then decide on a length and determine your necklace style
- Arrange beads on a flat surface, like a table or floor.
- Cut your determined length of beading thread, plus 6 inches.
- Gather 2 crimp beads, 1 clasp, and the beads for the desired necklace
- Slide one bead onto the string, place one end of the clasp (the jump ring) on after the crimping bead. Thread the end of the stringing material through the clasp section
- Slide your design onto the string. Use a clasp section/ jump ring and the bead-crimp-bead combo
- Crimp the second end and cut the stringing material with slush cutters.
Necklace is ready!
Modern beadwork is often used as a creative hobby to create jewellery, handbags, coasters, plus other crafts. Beads are available in different designs, sizes, colours, shapes, and materials, allowing much variation among bead artisans and projects. Simple projects can be created in less than an hour by novice beaders, while complex beadwork may take weeks of meticulous work with specialised tools and equipment.