Stones or pebbles are the best way to add a beautiful touch to your home decor. It suits well for your living room in the form of photo frames or inside your plant vases. It blends so well with your wooden dining table in the form of pebbles table mats or coasters. You can also make a very interesting pebble pen holder to change the look of your study. You can make miniature animal decor with round shaped and long pebbles for your kids room. So a stone decor could blend well in every corner of your home. Let us dig deeper into some of the DIYs decor things with pebbles or stones.
1. Candle holder
These stone candle holders are gorgeous and would be so easy to create. Choose stones that are relatively smooth unless you want the joy of sanding them down.You can decorate with paint or even sharpies, and then hot glue them together to create the stick.
1. Flat stones-8
2. Strong glue
3. A coaster or a square piece of tile
1. Lay your coaster or tile piece flat on the ground. This is the base for your pebble pillar.
2. Paint your stone(preferably white as it projects the color of the marker you are using). Let it dry well. Take your stone and decorate it according to your preference using the marker.
3. Paint and decorate all the pebbles similarly and let them dry well.
4. Paste the first stone to the coaster using glue. Let it dry.
5. After you ensure the stone is dry and stuck well, stick the next pebble on top of the first. Ensure it is stable. If needed support it against a wall.
6. Repeat the above steps till you stick all the 8 stones on top of the other.
7. Ensure that the top most stone is really flat so that the candle can lay stable on it.
2. OCEAN STONE BATH MAT
Are you a person who loves beaches and oceans. If you are, collect some pebbles from your favourite trip and be ready to transform your old fashioned bath mat to a ocean stone bath mat. Let us get started.
1. Old rubber mat
1. Clean your mat and stones. Let them dry completely.
2. Lay your mat flat onto a surface. Stick the stones one by one onto the mat. It is better to take stones with the same height to improve grip.
3. Make sure you cover the mat completely with stones such that the rubber surface is hardly visible. You can use smaller stones in between bigger ones to get more coverage.
3. Pebble coasters
Similar to the pebble bath mat idea, you can make pebble placemats and trivets as well. The DIY Pebble Trivet requires only some pebbles and a couple of other household items. It will be the cutest thing in your kitchen once you have it.
4. Shower floor:
The best way to create a spa-like atmosphere in your own home is to add natural stones to the interior. This is not a simple project, but if you are thinking of refurbishing your bathroom, it’s a great idea. The shower floor covered in smooth black river rocks is beautiful, and the stones feel great under tired bare feet!
5. Rock knobs:
Rocks or pebbles make great knobs. The best ones are the ones with one flat surface and a rounded top for something to grab onto. You will need some flathead machine screws, a bowl of sand, two-part epoxy adhesive, and lock washers.
1.Smooth rock with a flat surface on one side
2.Flathead machine screws
3.bowl of sand
4.Two-part epoxy adhesive
5. Small flat washers
6. Lock washers
1.Place your rock in a tub or bowl of sand to stabilize it while you work. Be sure the flat side of your rock is facing up.
2.Mix up some two-part epoxy adhesive according to the directions. Make sure the adhesive is suitable for use on metal or concrete.
3.Apply a small amount of the adhesive to the rock and add your screw, head side down. Make sure it is centered. Let it set.
4.Add your new knobs to your doors or drawers. To create space between the knob and drawer, add a small washer or two. If you use a lock washer at the end, this will prevent the knob from loosening over time.