The word ‘lavender’ sparks many of our senses. The first is visual of lavender oil for hair! The colour lavender is soothing to the eye. Its smell, sweet, floral and herby is relaxing and pleasing. And the plant itself is very textural, with green-grey leaves and bluish-purple flowers that grow on the top.
Lavender is a pretty looking plant. It’s widely grown in the gardens and landscapes, but it has more than decorative value. Lavender is also extensively grown for its oil. Lavender essential oil is made from lavender flowers through the process of steam distillation. The oil is rich in plant nutrients and contains amazing healing properties.
Because lavender essential oil is so versatile and therapeutic, it’s one of the most popular essential oils.
The lavender essential oil can be used in multiple ways to pamper your skin, body, mind, soul, and hair. All in all, this oil even regulates your mood and instantly uplifts it as well. Let’s take you through the benefits of lavender essential oil.
- Makes your hair smooth
- Boosts hair shine
- Strengthens hair naturally
Know the benefits of Lavender Oil for Hair
- Use of lavender for hair growth?
- Hair mask with lavender for dandruff?
- Lavender acne spot treatment (DIY Recipe )
- From where can lavender essential oil be purchased ?
Use of Lavender Oil for Hair Care
1. Jojoba, Coconut, Almond and Lavender Oil for Hair Growth
Don’t use lavender oil in its pure form. Always use it with a carrier oil such as coconut, jojoba or almond oil.
- Jojoba/ Coconut /Almond oil – 1 tablespoons
- Lavender oil – 5 drops
Directions: Mix the ingredients and massage into your scalp and hair and let it sit for a few hours before washing it out. For effective results apply it 2-3 times in a week.
2. Lavender, Rosemary & Basil Hair Mask for Shiny and Strong Hair
This DIY herbal hair rinse recipe nourishes the scalp, boosts shine, and strengthens hair naturally without the downsides of chemicals and parabens.
- Rosemary oil – 10 drops
- Basil oil – 5 drops
- Lavender oil – 10 drops
- Jojoba oil – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut/Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Directions: Apply the mixture mentioned above on your hair anand leave it for half 30 mins and use a nice Herbal shampoo and rinse your hair. Don’t forget to lastly use a nice herbal conditioner.
3. Lavender, Oatmeal & Rosemary Hair Mask for a Dry Scalp
Perfect Hair Mask for Dry Scalp . Oatmeal powder helps to keep the scalp moisturized, the lavender oil helps to control the dandruff. For Blood Circulation and hair growth Rosemary oil works best.
- Oatmeal – 2 tablespoons
- Rosemary oil – 5 drops
- Lavender oil – 7 drops
Directions: Need to soak Oatmeal in water for 15-20mins , then add the dry rosemary and lavender leaves to make a paste. Massage this paste into your scalp and leave it for an hour. Wash your hair with slight lukewarm water.
4. Lavender, Rosemary & Coconut Oil Mask
This recipe can be used as frequently as once per week, it is good for one hair treatment. You can make this blend in advance and store in a small glass jar. A 1 oz jar size can fit one treatment. You can double or even triple the recipe to make a larger batch if you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil and essential oils, blend well together. Virgin coconut oil is best used at room temperature for easier mixing and applying to hair.
- Dampen hair with water, you can do this with a spray bottle filled with water.
- Place a towel over the shoulder to protect clothes, then coat mixture onto hair using hands or a brush, comb through to distribute evenly.
- Let the mask sit on hair for 30 minutes, you may wish to cover hair with a shower cap.
- Rinse the mask off hair, then shampoo and conditioner hair as you normally would.
5. How Lavender Oil Can Soothe Your SKin
When you think of lavender oil, your mind probably goes straight to the distinct sweet, floral smell (you either love it or you hate it). But lavender is so much more than just a fragrance. If you’ve been sleeping on lavender oil and are new to essential oils and natural ingredients, you might not know all that this all-purpose oil can do to benefit the skin.Tea Tree & Lavender Oil For Acne
- Almond Oil : 5 drops
- Tea tree oil: 2 drops
- Lavender oil: 3 drops
Directions: Mix all the three oils well. Use a cotton ball to apply it to the affected areas and leave it overnight. Follow this for a few days until pimples clear.
6. Lavender Oil & ALoe Vera for Sunburn
Aloe vera works well because it keeps the skin moist and cool .Lavender also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and analgesic actions and has been found to accelerate wound healing.
- Lavender Oil : 6 drops
- Aloe vera gel: 4 teaspoons
Directions: Mix lavender and aloe vera gel together and apply on the sun burn it will reduce the burning sensation and redness on skin.
7. Lavender Oil & Lemon Juice for Dandruff
Lemon has been used in hair oils and hair masks, and also promotes hair growth. Not only that, it helps fight dandruff and curbs premature greying of hair.Lavender oil can speed up hair growth. Knowing that lavender oil has properties that can generate the growth of cells and reduce stress
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Fresh lemon juice: 2 tablespoons
- Lavender essential oil: 5 drops
Directions: Mix several drops of lavender oil into 3 tablespoons of carrier oil, like olive oil or melted coconut oil, and apply it directly to your scalp. Leave it in for at least 10 minutes before washing it out and shampooing as you normally would. You can do this several times per week.
Few Q&A Using Lavender Oil for Hair & Skin
Can lavender oil be added to my shampoo?
Sure you can ! The easiest way is to add lavender oil to your shampoo routine for hair growth. Add a few drops of lavender oil to your shampoo, and wash your hair. Massage your scalp with the shampoo and then rinse it.
How safe is it to use lavender essential oil for face?
Lavender oil needs to be mixed with any carrier oil like olive , coconut or almond oil for max result.