The method of Lazy Daisy stitch is one of the beginner’s lessons in embroidery. It is very simple to do, they are basically a loop of threads, arranged to form a desirable pattern or art. There are also many variations and styles to make this simple stitch to the next level. As like the other methods in embroidery, this technique also has no limit in creativity. Follow us on the guild for making easy and simple Lazy Daisy stitches.
LAZY DAISY STITCH REQUIRED TOOLS AND MATERIALS
- An embroidery hoop
- Sewing needles of different sizes (as per need)
- Small scissors
- Small pieces of cotton fabric
- Normal cotton thread
Steps to make
- Firstly like everyone, the first thing to make with the lazy daisy method is of course a daisy flower! As for beginners, make a small circle on the fabric to keep track of your arrangements in stitching. Also it will be the center of the flower.
- Secondly put the needle with thread through the fabric from behind. And pull the thread way up.
- Thirdly now, put the needle right from where it came out, and without it pulling all the way through, point it up the spot a little distance away (this distance will be the petal length of the flower) and bring it out in front.
- Also take the thread and wrap it around the pointy out of the needle. Now pull the needle head all the way through the fabric. This will form the petal. The tighter you pull the needle, the thinner your petals.
- Further now we need to hook the loop, for that just put through the needle down the fabric at the end point of the petal.
Here you are done with making a single flower petal. Repeating the same process, you can make a complete flower.
Lazy daisy can also be made with two thread colors. It is not limited to only flowers. You can place the loops in a line to make leaves, in a circle to make a border. Hence, creativity has no boundaries on this method of embroidery as well.