We all experience dry chapped lips during winter and honestly nobody likes it. During winter, we need to take care of our skin extra so that it doesn’t get too dry. In this blog, we are going to see some home made or natural winter lip care and some tips and tricks on how to take care of your lips while making sure it’s soft too. Did you know that the reason behind our lips getting dried during winter is because of the humidity? Having dry chapped lips can have many symptoms like it can swell, bleed, crack or get flaky for that matter. There are times when chapped lips can cause many infections so it’s always best to take care of it from the start. If you find any type of infection the you should visit your doctor as they can help you out.
Homemade remedies to try at home for winter chapped lips:
I’m pretty sure you would have heard your mom saying you apply them during winter but for the people who aren’t aware well, here let me explain three homemade remedies to use during winter for your lips
- Ghee: Using ghee is an ancient remedy to use for your lips if they are dry or have some cuts. Ghee has many benefits for us health wise as well as when we need to use it for our lips. Applying ghee is beneficial when we have cracked lips because it has so much milk fat and the natural components help with getting those soft lips. It’s very simple and easy to use. All you have to do is take 2 or three spoons of ghee and heat it. After heating, mix it with honey and boom your homemade natural lip balm is ready. You can use this as much as you want. The good part is that this has no side effects like any other lip balm from the market.
- Honey: Honey is another age-old remedy to use during winter. Honey can not only help soften your lips but it also helps with removing dead dry skin which if not removed can cause some infection. There are so many processed honey out there but it’s always best to use organic one. Just like ghee, even honey does wonders for your lips. You can apply it anytime you want and it’s good to know that it has no side effects.
- Sugar: Sugar helps your lips by not damaging it. It helps with the removal of dead skin. You can get dead skin in winter and one of the best ways to remove it is by scrubbing some sugar and honey together on your lips. You can use your tooth brush or fingers to scrub it. Once you remove the dead skin, the new skin gets air to breath and also the lips are more pink and soft.
Using the above three remedies will definitely help a lot for your dry lips.
Here are few tips and tricks that you can use other than the homemade remedies:
- Don’t lick your lips – Licking your lips during this time is definitely not a good option. You might think that if i keep licking my lips, maybe it won’t get dried but you’re wrong. It gets dry because the saliva is not helpful for your lips, instead it’s helpful to digest your food. By licking the lips you also strip off the moisture from the lips whihc is another reason as to why it gets dried. So, always remember to not lick your lips during winter as it gets more dry.
- Apply lip balms at night – Applying lip balms at night is always good because at that time you are just going to rest and won’t talk much. So when you’re resting the lip balm can work it’s magic. Applying the ghee lip balm at night is really good because it will soften your lips by the next morning and then after you freshen up you can scrub your lips with the help of honey and sugar.
- Hydrate – Hydration is very important and by keeping yourself hydrated during winter you won’t let your lips get dried nor your skin will feel itchy. The more water you drink, the better it is for your body. Other than drinking plain water try adding some mint leaves in it so it can give you flavor.
- Sunscreens and lip balms – By applying sunscreen and lip balms you’re protecting your lips from many things and especially from getting dark or dry. Whether you go out or not you should always apply sunscreen as it will help you a lot with protecting your skin from the sun. lip balms will help your lips not get dried and also by keeping them soft.