Pregnancy is a beautiful journey which a woman experiences in her life. During those 9 months, you’re supposed to take care of yourself and your child really well. Pregnant women should be really careful with what they intake and use for themselves because at the end, the baby is still inside you and anything can harm the baby because of the chemicals added in the product. Precaution while expecting baby tips you need to learn now. Whatever your doctor says is always the best for you and your baby.
Skin care products to avoid during pregnancy:
When you’re pregnant, your estrogen level increases due to which the skin has many changes like acne, pigmentation, discolouration, pimples and heat boils. The hair texture also changes. Some women experience hair fall and excess of dandruff.
It’s always safe to consult your doctor before you intake any medicines or try any new skin care product because at the end your baby can get affected by the chemicals involved in them.
Most of the chemicals in the skin care products are formulated that are easily absorbed by the skin, but there are certain chemicals formed that should be avoided.
Below is a list of 6 products or ingredients precaution while expecting baby:
- Retinoids – Many women find it hard to give up retinol because it’s really helpful with anti aging. The reason to give it up is because as it is a very strong ingredient it can harm the baby inside you. It contains vitamin A derivatives. As of now there have been no studies on whether it can harm the child or not but it’s always better to be safe because there’s a human growing inside of you and we need to be extra careful with him/her.
- Hydroquinone – Most of the women stop using Hydroquinone because it’s very toxic for the child. Hydroquinone helps with melasma but it’s always better to use it after the birth of your baby and even better after you’re done with breastfeeding. The ingredients present in this are very strong and can be toxic for the baby.
- Synthetic Fragrance – This is a big no during pregnancy because as the babies are very sensitive, they can’t intake in the fragrance smell as that is mixed with a lot of chemicals.
- Phthalates – Studies show that this substance is added in many toys and makeup products which is very harmful; for not only us but also the environment. This substance can also be found in our day to day products like soaps and curtains. It’s always best to avoid this while buying anything when you’re not only pregnant but also in general.
- Sunscreen added chemicals – Sunscreens are really important for our skin and especially during the pregnancy but there are a few sunscreens out there in the market which have chemicals added in them that can be harmful for the baby so before buying a sunscreen always contact your doctor to verify it.
- Formaldehyde – During the end of the manufacturing process for clothing there is a strong gas that’s added that’s called Formaldehyde which is so not safe for the baby. A study shows that there are some baby clothing brands that add them too which is not good. These substances can cause many health problems. A limit of 20 ppm is fine but anything beyond that can be very harmful for the baby.
There are a few treatments that should be complete.ly avoided during the pregnancy. Here is a list of 10 treatments that you should do after your pregnancy:
- Ear piercing
- HIgh frequency treatments
- Teeth Whitening
- Hair colouring
- Self Tanner and
- Avoids overheating.
The above mentioned things are often said to be avoided during pregnancy because the radar can harm the child, as well as if you get any infection at this time it’s very hard to cure because anything we do to yourself will harm the baby in a way and also it’s always good to be careful before doing anything while you’re pregnant.
There are a few food items that’s advised not to eat during pregnancy but you should eat healthy food. Many women might crave for it or otherwise in some cases won’t be able to stand it but in general there are few food items that’s advised not to eat for the baby’s safety and to make sure that the mother is also healthy.
Below is a list of 9 food items that should be taken during pregnancy and they are:
- Raw fish
- Processed meat
- Raw eggs
- Junk food
- Pineapple and
It’s always safe to consult your doctors before you intake your use of anything. The food mentioned above are advised mostly not to intake during pregnancy.
Hope this blog was useful for y’all.