Pregnancy is a journey for which you should be ready for. Pregnancy is a beautiful journey which teaches you so many things. There are many things to keep ready before your baby arrives. Having so much on your head can confuse you or there might be chances of you forgetting things. Whether you’re already pregnant or are trying to get pregnant, this blog will be helpful for you in one way or the other. So, I have made it easier for you by listing down a few things that will be really helpful for you during your pregnancy also a preplan checklist for pregnancy.
Below is a preplan checklist for pregnancy:
It’s better if you write this down on a piece of paper or make notes on your phone so that you don’t forget it.
- First and foremost, book an appointment with a gynecologist –
Whether you’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant, it’s always better to book an appointment with a gynecologist. A gynecologist will guide you in your pregnancy. If you have any issues, they can help you out with it. Make sure it’s a reputed gynecologist because for those 9 months, they are the ones who are taking care of you and your little one.
- Make sure you maintain good oral hygiene – We all know being hygienic is really important but did you know that even oral hygiene is as important as making sure your body is clean? If oral hygiene is not maintained during pregnancy there is a chance of your baby catching some infection. There are so many pregnant women out there who don’t know much about this. It’s high time we need to start spreading awareness regarding this situation. Make sure to book an appointment with a good dentist and maintain hygiene for yourself as well as your baby.
- Start having a healthy diet – Maintaining a healthy diet is really important. You need to remember that now you’re not just eating for yourself but also for your baby. Everything you eat will go to the baby. You can’t afford to have something unhealthy. The nutrients and vitamins are really important for you and the baby. This said, you should also give up on your bad habits like drinking and smoking. Drinking and smoking is strictly not allowed during this time. Your doctor will also ask you not to consume this. Consuming these two or any form of drugs also is not okay. It can cause various problems for your baby.
- Take your prenatal vitamins – Y’all know how important prenatal vitamins are during pregnancy. Even if you’re not pregnant then also you should take it into consideration, you’re planning on having a kid anytime soon. Consuming one per day will be more than enough.
- Start exercising – Exercising or doing yoga will be really beneficial during your pregnancy. We all know in general exercising and doing yoga has a lot of benefits but do you know how really helpful is it during your pregnancy? During pregnancy, many women face issues with their sleeping pattern, have serious anxiety and stress issues and have issues with back pains. Yoga and exercising has it’s benefits with pregnancy too. Doing exercise consistently, it will help you with issues like your sleeping position, anxiety and stress, back pain, help you during your labour, helps you relax your body.
- Slow down your intake of caffeine : Even doctors will suggest you to reduce caffeine intake in all forms. As much as we all love coffee, consuming it on a daily basis is not good for the baby as well as us. Even the consumption of tea is not good for health. Instead switch to decaf. Decaf is any day better during pregnancy. Last but not the least,
- Start investing – The moment you try for a baby, you need to also think of investing your finances. After the baby is born, your expenses increase. The baby will need diapers, baby food, baby clothes, soap, shampoo, baby gear, cradles, doctor visit, toys, medicines, education, etc. Buying clothes and spending money on education will be the biggest financial burden for your baby. As they are up, you’ll need to buy them new clothes after each 2 to 3 months and wasting all your money is not a wise decision. Investing with your fiance is very important. As your baby grows they will need things and as a parent it is your duty to buy them that. It’s better to start investing your finances today so that your family can have a stress free tomorrow.
All the things mentioned above will help you a lot before and during your pregnancy. Make sure to follow this checklist to ensure that you don’t miss out on anything for your baby and yourself.
Hope this information was useful for you. Check other blogs related to maternity.