Stem stitch embroidery is one of the most basic embroidery stitches. As the name says the pattern of this type is like a stem and linear. It is also said that stem stitching is one of the easiest embroidery styles, so it is best to start here if you are new to embroidery.
REQUIRED TOOLS AND MATERIALS
- An embroidery hoop
- Sewing needles of different sizes (as per need)
- Small scissors
- Small pieces of cotton fabric
- Normal cotton thread
Follow us on this simple step by step guide to get started with Stem stitch embroidery right now!
- Take all the basic requirements to practice stitching. A needle, small piece of any fabric to practice, embroidery floss, pencil, and a pair of sharp scissors.
- Now pull up the needle up, and again put it through a centimeter length away from the first point (let it be point B) from above the fabric.
- Pull the needle from below and now put it through the middle position of the point A and B from below the fabric.
- Pull up the needle from above and again put it a centimeter distance away from this current point, and keep repeating this pattern and sequence to see the required pattern. And that is it! As simple as that.
This stitch is mainly used to outline an embroidery design, or stitches on the boundary, or to decorate further a border. I believe that it is always a nice idea to explore the stitches deeper. The more you know about the techniques, the more experience and practice you have, the more comfortable you will feel with the needle and thread. And who knows, maybe you are struggling with one type of stem stitch, while the other one fits you and your style much better? Here in this Video you had complete knowledge of Stem stitch and also material used for it.