Mesmerized with the night scene decorated with candles which make you feel comfortable after having busy schedule whole day. Do you want to make your own handmade candles so that you can assure the quality of candles. Here are few Type of Candle Wax you can choose for your candles according to your preference.
What type of candle wax should you use?
The type of wax you choose is just personal preference, depending on what type of candle you’re making, how much you want to spend, what strength of fragrance you prefer, and how eco-conscious you are. At the end of the day, these popular types of candle wax all have their own draws and drawbacks.
Type of Candle Wax for Candle making
- 100% all-natural wax produced by bees and is oldest candle making wax
- Best candle waxes in the market,
- Types of candles can be made are pillars, tapers, votives and containers.
- Availability of beeswax in blocks or slabs, like paraffin, in “pastilles” (little pellets) which melt very easily, or in pre-rolled sheets, which can be easily made into candles without any melting at all.
Paraffin wax/ Straight wax:
- Wax doesn’t have any added ingredients in it
- Paraffin wax is most commonly and not much expensive
- Many varieties are available at different melting points
- Can be used to make many types of candles, including pillars, containers, votives, tealights, tapers and tarts
- Soy waxes are made from 100% soybean oil.
- This wax is a new wax but has taken a solid hold as it is natural wax.
- Alternative to petroleum-derived paraffin, and natural—but more expensive—beeswax
- Variety of blends and melting points
Palm wax Type of Candle Wax:
- Palm wax is made from a natural palm oil.
- This wax is a very firm, almost brittle wax.
- Works well for pillars and votives
- It usually produces a crystalline or “feathered” effect in the candles
- Palm wax is often blended with soy wax to make it harder.
- Coconut wax is made from hydrogenated and refined coconut oil.
- Candle with coconut wax is relatively soft and creamy like virgin coconut oil and is odourless.
- Colour of wax are bright white to creamy and opaque.
- Melting temperature for this wax is 37°C (100 ºF), It has a lower melt point in comparison to other candle wax types
- Easy to use.
Gel Candle Wax:
- Translucent quality of gelatin, it’s made from mineral oil and a polymer resin.
- With gel candle wax and a clear glass container, you can make container candles you can see through it.
- it holds scent and color and melts and burns
- Wax is transparent, which allows it as an entirely different
- Gel wax is often used to imitate water or other liquids like beer or wine in novelty candles.
- Gel wax is most commonly used for votive or container candles, but firmer gel wax is also available for crafting pillar candles.